Plusone Mentoring is one of the many services Community Central Hall has on offer. Plusone aims to help young people aged between 8 and 14 make positive decisions and motivating them to reach their potential.
The programme pairs adult volunteers with young people to help them develop their interests and elevate their skills. The mentor is there to help support the young person and to motivate them to make positive life choices.
Mentoring sessions take place every week, for 2-4 hours. Plusone is run at Community Central Halls every Thursday from 4pm until 8pm.
The young person is encouraged to…
- Participate in activities in the local community
- Gain new experiences and skills
- Set goals and targets so that they can challenge themselves
- Build a trusting relationship with the mentor and other Plusone staff
- Is a volunteer who commits 2-4 hours of their week to meet with their mentee
- Builds trust and understanding between themselves and the young person
- Supports the young person through challenges and accomplishments
- Offers support and advice to young person, enabling them to make positive decisions
- Is given training and is supported throughout the program
Plusone Manager, Nicky, and staff will support the Mentors and mentees throughout the programme. Training is provided for Plusone Mentors and mentors must undertake a PVG screening.
If you would like to become a Plusone mentor, please get in touch with our volunteer coordinator Elizabeth Skelton on 0141 331 7686 or by email at email@example.com.
Want to know the latest news about Community Central Hall? Check out our news feed.